Artist – Various artists, all original recordings
Release Year – 1993
Record Label – Fastforward Music
Format – Cassette Tape Compilation
Promoting – Avon cosmetics
Theme – Dancing songs, uplifting songs
I often find promotional releases buried at the bottom of assorted lot boxes at car boots. This item fits the bill perfectly as I found it in a box of assorted cassette tapes for a whopping £2.
This tape is actually a really nice promo item as the selection of music on here is really good, that is assuming you enjoy R&B and Disco music. The recordings provided are of good quality too. The presentation however leaves a bit to be desired and does convey a cheap feeling (the artwork gives me nightmares).
There isn’t any information that I can find online about how one would end up with this promotional release, however I would expect that it was given away with gift sets or special orders made through the mail order catalogue.
- Melba Moore – This Is It
- The Real Thing – Can’t Get By Without You
- The Trammps – Hold Back The Night
- Gladys Knight & The Pips – Come Back and Finish What You Started
- Martha Reeves – Dancing In The Street
- Donnie Elbert – A Little Piece of Leather
- Sam & Dave – Soul Man
- Jimmy James & The Vagabonds – I’ll Go Where The Music Takes Me
- Bob & Earl – Harlem Shuffle
- Jackie Wilson – Higher & Higher
- Eddie Floyd – Knock On Wood
- The Tymes – You Little Trustmaker
- Retta Young – SOS (Sending Out An)
- George McCrae – Rock Your Baby