Artist – Various artists, all original recordings
Release Year – 1997
Record Label – Delta Music
Format – CD compilation
Promoting – Dolmio cooking sauce
Theme – Italian classical and opera music
I got this (with a few other promotional releases) in a large box haul from April 2018.
I don’t personally eat Dolmio, and I am not terribly fond of Italian food (I’ll eat it for sure, but I don’t crave it as much as other cuisine). I’m also not fond of classical, more so operatic music – so this promo release is not really one for me and won’t be staying in the collection.
From what I can assume (as I can’t find any confirmation on this), the CD was given away with packs of Dolmio cooking sauce. There is also a second volume to go with this CD. If the CD was given away at the point of purchase or was a mail order item, I am unsure. Probably the latter given the quality of the item. The CD comes in a full sized jewel case with a booklet that explains what each track is about, there is a recipe on the back of the booklet which of course uses Dolmio sauce.
- Verdi – Brindisi: “Libiamo Ne’ Lieti Calici” (Drinking Song) From La Traviata
- Verdi – Chorus: “Grand March” From Aida [Excerpt]
- Mozart – Aria: “Non Piu Andrai” From The Marriage Of Figaro
- Verdi – Aria: “La Donna E Mobile” From Rigoletto
- Mascagni – Intermezzo: From Cavalleria Rusticana
- Puccini – Aria: “O Mio Babbino Caro” From Gianni Schicchi
- Gluck – Aria: “Che Faro Senza Euridice” From Orpheus And Euridice
- Verdi – Chorus: “Va, Pensiero” (Chorus Of The Hebrew Slaves” From Nabucco
- Di Capua – Song: “O Sole Mio”
- De Curtis – Song: “Torna A Surriento”
- Bellini – Song: “Vaga Luna Che Inargenti”
- Puccini – Aria: “Nessun Dorma!” From Turnadot
Unfortunately due to the way this release is compiled and my lacking knowledge of classical music I won’t be able to provide a Spotify playlist for this release.